Alfama is the oldest and most medieval neighborhood of Lisbon, rich in charm and heritage. On this 3-hour tour, we will explore the narrow alleyways, take in the beautiful views over the Tagus River and soak in the neighborhood’s rich musical culture.
Alfama Tour - Private Option
✓ Insta-confirmation on all reservations ✓
Explore Alfama, Lisbon’s medieval neighborhood famous for its Fado culture and narrow maze-like streets and stairs, on a 3-hour narrated walking tour. Begin at the Miradouro da Graça, where you can admire one of the best views of the city of Lisbon and then, proceed with your guide to Alfama.
Along this tour, your guide will be providing you with detailed information on the history of Alfama, Lisbon’s medieval quarter famous for its Fado heritage and narrow maze-like streets and alleyways. Here you will learn about the history and folk traditions of the oldest neighborhood in Lisbon.
This tour is conducted by a certified local guide whose mission is to inform travelers what they need to know to enhance their stay in Lisbon, and to promote Portugal's culture and heritage. From recommendations of things to do in the city, to insider advice on public transportation, to other areas you would want to visit on your stay, feel free to ask your guide anything.
This tour is fully private, meaning you will have total exclusivity with your guide to best suit your interests.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along Alfama coupled with insightful commentary and information
- Visit the Lisbon Cathedral and the Church of Saint Anthony
- Enjoy some of the best views of the city from the Graça viewpoint
- Explore the maze-like streets and alleyways of Lisbon’s oldest historical neighborhood
- A chance to visit the Feira da Ladra flea market (available only on Tuesdays and Saturdays)
- Professional tour guide
- Local taxes and fees
- Hotel Pickup (subject to confirmation on request)
- Meals and drinks
- Museum entrance fees
- Hotel drop-off
In front of the church located at the Miradouro Sophia de Mello Breyner Andersen (also known as Miradouro da Graça)
We provide our tours in this specific languages.
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Price per Person: 50.00 € – Adults; 25.00 € – Youth and Children; 0.00 € – Infants VAT Included
- Schedule: Choose between a morning (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) or an afternoon tour (3:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
- Meeting Point: In front of the church located at the Miradouro Sophia de Mello Breyner Andersen (also known as Miradouro da Graça)