See as much of Lisbon as you can in a single day on a small group tour of the Baixa and Belém districts. This activity is fully private, meaning your guide will give you exclusive attention to best suit your interests.
Full Day Tour of Historical Lisbon (Baixa + Belém) - Private Option
✓ Insta-confirmation on all reservations ✓
Explore Lisbon, the "City of Light" and "Queen of the Sea", on an 8-hour narrated small group walking tour. Begin on the peaceful Jardim das Amoreiras where you can admire the 18th century aqueduct that surrounds the area, and then proceed with your guide to some of the main historical neighborhoods of Lisbon.
Next on the list are Príncipe Real, Bairro Alto and Baixa. Along each of these neighborhoods, your guide will be providing you with detailed information on the history of Lisbon and each of the specific areas, plus a wide variety of topics ranging from current events in Portugal to rich culinary traditions and much more.
In the afternoon, the tour will proceed to Belém, where you will learn about the main monuments in the area, namely the Monument of the Discoveries (Padrão dos Descobrimentos), the Jerónimos Monastery, the Belém Tower and Belém Cultural Center, home to one of Lisbon’s most prestigious modern art collections.
For a detailed and visually stimulating exploration of the Age of Discovery (Descobrimentos), this tour will take you through the Navy Museum, an outstanding historical archive of this era.
This tour is conducted by a certified local guide whose mission is to inform travelers what they need to know to enhance their stay in Lisbon, and to promote Portugal's culture and heritage. From recommendations of things to do in the city, to insider advice on public transportation, to other areas you would want to visit on your stay, feel free to ask your guide anything.
This tour is fully private, meaning you will have total exclusivity with your guide to best suit your interests.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the historical neighborhoods of the city coupled with insightful commentary and information
- Visit the Churches of São Roque and São Domingues
- Enjoy some of the best views of the city from the Santa Justa Elevator and the São Pedro de Alcântara viewpoint
- Explore the main squares of the downtown area of the city, the Rossio and the Praça do Comércio squares
- A chance to climb the last surviving section of the medieval city wall that surrounded Lisbon in the 14th century (available only on weekdays)
- Dive in the history of the Jerónimos Monastery and the Belém Tower
- Stroll along the Belém area historical richness and modern art museum at the Belém Cultural Center
- Taste the world famous Pastéis de Belém and visit the two-century old pastry shop where they are made
- A detailed explanation on Portugal’s role during the Age of Discovery
- Professional tour guide
- Local taxes and fees
- Hotel Pickup (subject to confirmation on request)
- Meals and drinks
- Museum entrance fees
- Hotel drop-off
By the fountain located at the center of the Jardim das Amoreiras
We provide our tours in this specific languages.
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Price per Person: 100.00 € – Adults; 50.00 € – Youth and Children; 0.00 € – Infants VAT Included
- Schedule: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Meeting Point: By the fountain located at the center of the Jardim das Amoreiras