Explore Belém and gain insight into Portugal’s rich maritime heritage on a narrated 3-hour walking tour. Follow your guide through the banks of the River Tagus and visit must see sites like the Belém Tower and the Jerónimos Monastery.
Belém Tour - Private Option
✓ Insta-confirmation on all reservations ✓
On this 3-hour walking tour of Belém you will receive detailed information from your guide on Portugal’s role as a seafaring nation on the forefront of discovery, plus a wide variety of topics ranging from current events in Portugal to rich culinary traditions and much more.
You will learn about the main monuments in the area, namely the Monument of the Discoveries (Padrão dos Descobrimentos), the Jerónimos Monastery, the Belém Tower and Belém Cultural Center, home to one of Lisbon’s most prestigious modern art collections. For a detailed and visually stimulating exploration of the Age of Discovery (Descobrimentos) this tour will take you through the Navy Museum, an outstanding historical archive of this era.
This tour is conducted by a certified local guide whose mission is to inform travelers what they need to know to enhance their stay in Lisbon, and to promote Portugal's culture and heritage. From recommendations of things to do in the city, to insider advice on public transportation, to other areas you would want to visit on your stay, feel free to ask your guide anything.
This tour is fully private, meaning you will have total exclusivity with your guide to best suit your interests.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the historical neighborhoods of the city coupled with insightful commentary and information
- Dive in the history of the Jerónimos Monastery and the Belém Tower
- Stroll along the area’s historical richness and modern art museum at the Belém Cultural Center
- Taste the world famous Pastéis de Belém and visit the two-century old pastry shop where they are made
- A detailed explanation on Portugal’s role during the Age of Discovery
- Professional tour guide
- Local taxes and fees
- Hotel Pickup (subject to confirmation on request)
- Meals and drinks
- Museum entrance fees
- Hotel drop-off
By the statue at the center of the Jardim Afonso de Albuquerque
We provide our tours in this specific languages.
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Price per person: 50.00 € – Adults; 25.00 € – Youth and Children; 0.00 € – Infants VAT Included
Schedule: Choose between a morning (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) or an afternoon tour (3:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
Meeting Point: By the statue at the center of the Jardim Afonso de Albuquerque