This experience is perfect for travellers who are passionate about military and medieval history. Participants will receive detailed information from their tour guide on the history of the Castle of Saint George with special emphasis on the siege of Lisbon of 1147. Each tour is limited to a number of six people, so a relaxed and quality experience with your expert guide is guaranteed.
Castle of Saint George - Skip the line tour
✓ Insta-confirmation on all reservations ✓
On this 3-hour walking tour, participants will explore one of Lisbon’s main attractions, the Castle of Saint George. This ancient stronghold saw many civilizations come and go and is a testament to Lisbon’s origins. Famous for its imposing towers and battlements, the Castle also offers breathtaking views of Lisbon and the Tagus River that are not to be missed.
This experience is perfect for travellers who are passionate about military and medieval history. Participants will receive detailed information from their tour guide on the history of the Castle of Saint George with special emphasis on the siege of Lisbon of 1147, plus a wide variety of topics ranging from current events in Portugal to rich culinary traditions and much more.
Other attractions in the area are also encompassed in this tour, namely Lisbon’s Cathedral and the Portas do Sol Viewpoint from where travellers can overlook Alfama and admire one of the most stunning views of Lisbon. For a detailed and visually stimulating exploration of Lisbon’s long history, this guided tour also includes a visit to the Castle’s archaeological Museum, an outstanding historical archive of this era.
This tour is conducted by a professional tour guide whose mission is to inform travellers what they need to know to enhance their stay in Lisbon, and to promote Portugal's culture and heritage. From recommendations of things to do in the city, to insider advice, participants are free to ask their guide anything. In order to guarantee a personal and engaging experience, the maximum number of participants is 6 people. Skip the ticket line service is also included in the tour, ensuring that travelers make the best use of their time.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the historical neighborhoods of the city coupled with insightful commentary and information
- Dive in the history of the Second Crusade and the Siege of Lisbon
- Stroll along the Castle of Saint George and admire some the best views of Lisbon
- Skip the line service ensures you make best use of your time
- A general explanation on Portugal’s long history and rich culture
- Professional tour guide
- Local taxes and fees
- Skip the line service
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance tickets to the Castle
- Hotel pick up / Hotel drop-off
By the statue located at the center of the Largo de Santo António da Sé
We provide our tours in this specific languages.
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Price per Person: 30.00 € – Adults; 15.00 € – Youth and Children; 0.00 € – Infants VAT Included
- Schedule: Choose between a morning (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) or an afternoon tour (3:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
- Meeting Point: By the statue located in the center of the Largo de Santo António da Sé